Organizing your household is a pretty big chore. It can also cost a lot of money! Most organizing of stuff takes "special" boxes, bins, containers etc. When I decided to become frugal I cleaned out my entire house and got rid of everything I no longer needed cluttering up my space.
The stuff I did keep, I wanted to organize but didn't want to spend any money doing it. I started looking around and realized there are hundreds of free possibilities for organizing. This is what I came up:
1. Bread tabs can be used for dividers in filing or use the tabs for marking electrical cords like VCR, DVD, TV to easily find which one to unplug
2. Boxes painted, with stickers, paper, etc. for organizing stuff
3. Glass jars for organizing small items (toys, hair ties)
4. Plastic containers from food (paint them)
5. Boxes from different food products
6. Plastic bags can be used for storing blankets or towels
7. Film canisters for little things like paper clips and tacks
8. 6 pack glass bottle boxes for pens, pencils, scissors, etc.
9. Toilet paper rolls for extension cords
10. Lay a mac n cheese box down and cut off one side, put in drawers for organizing office stuff or kitchen stuff.
11. Cut cereal boxes to make magazine holders
12. Cans for holding pens & pencils
13. Use a piece of cardboard for a bulletin board
14. Pill bottles for paper clips
15. Shoe boxes for socks, gloves, or anything else
16. Bubble wrap for delicate items. Put in the bottom of a box before putting stuff in.
17. Put grocery bags in a Kleenex box
18. Paper towel rolls: roll up table clothes or fabric on them.
19. Put bills and mail in a napkin holder
20. Use a clean dust pan to pick up toys like legos
21. Use a clean pizza box under the couch with coloring books
22. Egg cartons for organizing desk drawers
23. Coffee cans
24. Line 15 toilet paper rolls in a tissue box for organizing pens, markers, etc.
25. Berry baskets like the ones strawberries come in-put a suction cup on one and hang in the bathtub to hold soap.
26. Berry basket-hang and put screwdrivers through the holes
27. Berry basket-to hold seasoning mixes
28. Use the boxes that checks come in to hold things
29. Cut off the top of a 2 litter bottle to store tools, toys, or anything.
30. Use cat food or tuna cans stacked up with stuff inside them
31. Use any kind of can
32. Use the plastic mold that comes in cookies for organizing drawers
33. Pringle cans to hold large utensils like spatulas, soup spoons, etc.
34. Muffin pans to organize jewelry or even kids toys